Wednesday, March 12, 2008

English 12 7th Period Senior Project Information

Students have worked all week putting together the first rough draft of the senior project paper. I have allowed class time for typing text, locating sources, asking questions, and getting help. I have provided detailed instructions for setting up the pages in correct MLA format.
Some students are still working from a basic thesis statement and have not completed an introduction or a conclusion. I have instructed them to enter all information from all sources (minimum of three) into a Microsoft Word document that is saved to our server at school. The students also can save the information to a jump drive, floppy disc, or CD so that they can work on the paper at home. In addition, a student may send me his or her paper for questions via an attachment to my school e-mail bkcall@access.k12.wv.us. Also, a student can e-mail a word document as an attachment to himself or herself at home. Students should have already begun planning the PowerPoint presentation or story board. This component and the final draft of the paper are due at the end of next week (March 21). I have been taking daily grades on the progress each student is making. A final rough draft is due Thursday (March 13). Under no circumstances will I accept a rough draft later than Thursday at the end of 7th period English 12.

No comments: